Wednesday, February 24, 2010

We're Hogging!

I am raising a bunch of speed/thrill junkies. The faster the better. Considering Dennis's profession, I don't have to worry about any of them being afraid to fly. Kinley, my four year old girl, is the worst of them all. Besides my sister Karen, I finally have someone to ride roller coasters with me (Dennis enjoys them, but they are boring compared to flying an airplane). Kinley hops right on with me and cries when she is too little to ride.
Yesterday, we decided to run a few errands that have been put off for too long. One of our stops was in North Salt Lake. Naturally, we hopped on the freeway to head home. Now, if you have ever driven with Dennis, you know that the unspoken rule is that no one passes us. That means that we must be travelling faster than all of the other cars on the road. McKay usually keeps us in line. He lets us know if we are going faster than the posted speed limit, and he makes sure that we never cross that forbidden double white line. Kinley decided to let Dennis know that she also pays attention, as we hear from the back seat: We're Hogging!

Dennis: Yeah! We're hauling butt!

Kinley (oblivious to the correction) : Yeah! We're hogging butt, Dad!

I tried to unsucessfully keep from laughing. That's my girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment