Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I Finally Gave In

Yes. I have started to blog. I have titled our family blog: A Few Of My Favorite Things, with the intention of learning to find more joy in my life. For awhile now, I have felt that I need to do something that will allow me to appreciate my children for the blessings they are and basically put a different perspective on the happenings of our lives. My mom, who knows me so well, gave me a plaque with the saying: Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it is about learning to dance in the rain.

I thoroughly enjoy reading blogs that other people post. Two of my friends from my mission frequently post their family activities and feelings about their lives. Their blogs always leave me with such a positive perspective and help me see things a little bit differently. I am just paraphrasing, but as one of them so eloquently put it: it justifies her life, and helps her realize that she has definitely accomplished many things and there is much more to life than just laundry, cleaning, and cooking. I thank all of you for your inspiration.

So, ultimately, what I would like to achieve with this is something positive and worthwhile. I cannot however, guarantee that everything I post will be positive, but I am going to give it a try. It should be interesting to see what I come up with.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome aboard. I am excited to read your blog. I hope that it will help put things in perspective for you.

    ReplyDelete