Sunday, December 13, 2009

Our Christmas Nativity

This year, for our Burr Christmas Party, Carol was able to find costumes for all of the children to participate in a reading of the Christmas Story. As she was handing out the costumes, she explained that she had chosen the oldest boy, Casin, to be Joseph and the oldest girl, Melissa, to be Mary. McKay only heard what he wanted to hear and said: Hey! I'm older than Melissa! In chorus, his uncles all asked him: Do you want to be Mary? Needless to say, McKay was perfectly content being a wise man.

It was so neat to see the little children, as we remembered the true reason for celebrating Christmas. I am so grateful for this time of year and for the opportunity that we have to remember our Savior.

McKay as one of the wise men.

Kinley as one of the shepherds.

Keaton was the donkey.

Look how cute!

2 comments:

  1. Look how cute those costumes, are. Wow! I'm glad McKay settled on the wiseman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! Great pictures of the nativity (mine were blurry). I messed up -- Aubrie is older than Melissa. I guess it's McKay and Aubrie next year . . . And, there's still time for you to have a baby Jesus!

    ReplyDelete