McKay and a friend frequently like to play on the school playground after school. The other day, he asked to go to the school, I told him yes, and off they went. I was surprised to find him and his friend, Colton, back home only a few minutes later. I questioned why they were back so soon, and McKay indicated that they were not having any fun and decided to come back. It sounded like a good enough explanation to me. That night while McKay was talking to Dennis on the phone, I heard a completely different story.
Every night, Dennis asks the kids what their "best and worst" was for the day. McKay's worst were two girls "bugging" him and Colton at the school. Of course, Dennis wanted to know what this was all about. By listening to McKay's side of the conversation, I learned that there were also two girls at the school playground that afternoon. These two girls wanted to talk and visit with McKay and Colton. I heard McKay tell his dad: They wouldn't shut up! They just kept talking and talking and talking. Dennis must have questioned why the boys didn't stay and talk to the girls and find out what they wanted, because next I heard McKay say in a horrified shout: No! I don't speak GIRL!
I had to leave the room I was laughing so hard.
Piano Recital on April 20th
13 years ago
That is so funny. I love it. You probably never will speak GIRL, McKay. No man can. We are hard to understand. :)
ReplyDeleteI was just thinking about you and wondering when I'd see a new post on your blog. I'm so excited for your update.
That is so funny. Too cute. I love it. I don't think there is any man out there that totally speaks GIRL. We are that hard to understand.
ReplyDelete